Building The Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Building The Future

Problem solving

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Psychology of a Job

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

The Psychology of a Job Empty
PostSubject: The Psychology of a Job   The Psychology of a Job EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:11 pm

- Note: this is informational and informative articles belong in a different section of the forum, but I thought this was relevant for people to have a conceptual understanding of the goals and attitudes when sharing opportunities on this forum. -

Everything we do really ties in with our fundamental understanding of the world. One thing we need to understand is psychological projection. A lot of people project their own feelings onto others, so the way other people treat you is often more of a reflection of them that you. If someone is a jerk to you, it is natural to assume that you did something wrong, and perhaps this is the case, but most often the person is a jerk to everyone. It is the same if someone is nice to you. This is a problem whenever you seek entry level or low wage work, as most people working in these areas feel themselves to be a loser and will project that onto you. As I stated elsewhere in the forum, it's possible to cut grass for a living and make a lot of money (or flip burgers, dig ditches etc.) there is plenty of money to be made in even low skilled jobs. It is all about how the business is managed and how wages are distributed in said business, as well as worker productivity.

The goal should be to find a job in which the manager has a good attitude. I used to assume that if I worked hard, I would succeed at a job, and this is what we are generally taught in society. It's not really true. I consistently see the same businesses with very high employee turn over, the same businesses where nobody succeeds etc. Unfortunately the few businesses that are run well rarely have a need for new workers, and when they do have a need usually they have someone get the job who is a friend or relative of a current employee. So for the most part, without any advanced qualifications or without knowing someone, we will fall in the trap of loser jobs. The key here is the people we associate with. That means everything in life.

So the goal is to network with other competent and civilized individuals so that you can work with other civilized people. This is the key to success. If you get a high paying job with a moron boss, it's probably a bad idea. It's better to take something more modest with a more rational boss/co-worker. If I have learned anything in life is that the people we associate with, work with etc. greatly affects our own outcomes. Generally if you do work with users and abusers they will constantly set you up for failure and do everything possible to get you to believe that you are a failure. And unfortunately you might believe this. Civilized groups will want you to succeed.

What I mean by this is you may go to become a truck driver and be given 3 weeks of training when most civilized employers would give you 8 weeks. Then when you fail as a result of poor training they will blame you. They attempt to make it seem as though it is your fault. The goal of many people is to cut down others, use and abuse them and since often we ourselves are not users, we assume other people are not. We project our own goodness on others, when in fact a huge portion of the population are of bad character (although judge other people favorably when possible). The assumption among losers is always that life is extremely difficult, success is for the select few etc. Again I really don't think it is that difficult to survive and prosper if you have the right attitude and commitment to excellence. Yet many people in society create barriers to their own success with their thoughts and then they project these barriers onto everyone around them (one way is by trying to set others up for failure).

So in listing jobs, the real opportunities are to work for honorable and good people, rather than looking at the individual type of job or pay involved. That is the basis of my own efforts: networking and building a community with similarly inclined civilized individuals who focus on solutions.

I'm not perfect by any means and I make a lot of mistakes, so I don't mean to imply that I'm some perfect person who is dealing with all these others who are making me fail. No not at all, but attitude is more important than competence. I can guarantee you that relatively stupid people with a can do attitude, positive attitude and who really want to see each other succeed will always be more successful than a bunch of geniuses with a bad attitude, glass is half empty, it can't be done, sour grapes, jealous of anyone that does better than them etc. It's attitude and it does have a very spiritual component to it. Generally if you go among more educated and successful people you see better attitudes and if you go among the bottom of society you see worse attitudes. That's because one attitude propels you up and another tears you down. But we can do our best to teach other's proper attitudes that empower them.

And that's what is important to me- dealing with other people who have a good heart, a good attitude, want to help others etc. I'm tired of dealing with the losers of the world, and by loser I mean people who are just sour grapes and bitterness, users and abusers etc. So that is a focus of my forum, my groups, my personal life etc. is just to deal with more civilized people.
Back to top Go down
https://achievement.iftopic.com

The Psychology of a Job
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Building The Future :: Personal Achievement :: Employment-
Jump to: